Home Forums Grant Application Process

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Megan

The online RICCELFF grant application will be available beginning on January 12, 2015. You can access the application HERE and can watch an instructional video presentation on completing the application process HERE. Do you have additional questions about completing the application process? Tips that you would like to share with others? You can post your questions, ideas, or other information here! We have posted some frequently asked questions (and answers) to get the discussion started.

Anonymous

I don’t know what to put in my capital grant application because I am not sure what I need to do yet.

Megan

If you know that you need to make improvements to your space, but you don’t really know what those are then you should start by applying for a planning grant. You may also want to submit a technical assistance application which can be found HERE, our team can assist you!

Anonymous

Can I print and handwrite my application?

Megan

Our online application is being used not only to allow you to easily apply for funding, but also for us to easily capture and be able to report on important data. Therefore, it is very important that all applications be submitted using this system. If you do not have access to a computer or you are having trouble with the online process please contact Megan mressler@lisc.org for additional support.

Anonymous

Can I complete more than one application?

Megan

Each licensed center can complete both a planning grant application and a capital grant application. Organizations that have multiple centers can submit applications for each of their licensed centers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My organization just received a WAVE 4 Quality Improvement Grant from the Center for Early Learning Professionals. Is my center still eligible to receive a facilities improvement grant?

Megan

If you have received a Quality Improvement Grant from The Center, you ARE still eligible for a Facilities Improvement Grant from the RICCELFF as long as you meet the Facilities Improvement Grant eligibility requirements! (Congratulations on your Quality Improvement Grant award!)

To learn more about what makes an organization eligible, please visit the Funding page of the website where you will find links to the Facilities Improvement Grants. From there, you can download the instructions which review eligibility guidelines and funding priorities. Visit the Facilities Improvement Grant section of our website. You will also be able to watch a training video which goes through eligibility requirements or you could sign up for a live informational session.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can I submit multiple applications using the same log in?

Megan

Yes! You can now submit multiple grant applications (and/or multiple TA applications) using the same log in credentials (user name and password).

We were having a bit of difficulty with that at first, but it has thankfully been resolved and this feature is now available. You will only be able to work on one grant application at a time, but once you submit your application, you can move on to another application if you would like. This might be applicable if you are applying for both a planning grant and a capital grant, or if you are applying for grants for multiple licensed centers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are licensed family child care homes eligible to apply for a facilities improvement grant?

Megan

Family child care homes are not eligible for the current grants being offered. We encourage family child care homes to pursue grant funding currently available through the Center for Early Learning Professionals.

Tracyliscsm
      Participant

Can you apply for the grant if you license is on probation?

Megan

Yes, you can apply for a grant if you have a probationary license. DCYF does consider a license on probation to be a valid license (there are many reasons a center may have a probationary license).

Tracyliscsm
      Participant

We understand that you need 3 estimates if we receive the grant, however to submit the grant do we need only 1 estimate from a licensed contractor?

Megan

In order to apply for a capital grant, you will need one written estimate from a licensed, insured contractor. The contractor you select should verify that they have the ability to manage a Davis-Bacon compliant project including maintaining all appropriate reports and records as this is an important factor in the estimated cost of a project. If you are awarded capital grant funding, you will need three bids before you begin work.

An estimate is a close approximation of the price that will be charged to do a job based on the information that is available at the time of estimate. A bid (or quote) is the actual price a contractor states they will perform the work for based on a well-defined scope of work/plan (this price can be impacted with any changes to the scope or plan).

For some tips and information on selecting a contractor, visit the Selecting Professionals section of the RICCELFF resource library.

woliveira
      Participant

Do you need a written estimate from a licensed architect if you are applying for a Planning Grant?

Megan

Ideally, you will have a written estimate. However, recognizing time constraints we are not requiring a written estimate in order to submit an application for a planning grant. You should contact an architect or other relevant professional to discuss how much planning services may cost (this might even be a range) given your facility and what you do know about your project. This will help guide your grant request and will be useful in completing the facilities improvement table portion of your narrative application as well as determining what other funding may need to be secured as you go through the planning process.

YWCARhodeIsland
      Participant

How do centers determine the following information:

— # of students are eligible to receive free/reduced lunch?
      — # of students with an IFSP/IEP
      — # of children involved in child welfare
      — # of dual langage learners
      –# of students in head start
      — # of students in early heard start
      — # of students who are homeless

We can easily pull the number of students on DHS. In the other categories some of the students may be unknown because the parents have not disclosed the information to us (ie. homelessness)

Megan

The intent of the additional categories of children with high needs is really to make sure we include those programs who may not serve children with DHS subsidies (such as public schools). We do not require that programs serve children in all of those categories, so please only give information on those you are able to confirm meet those particular criteria. For example, a center could indicate children with IFSPs or IEPs if they have IFSPs/IEPs on file for each of those children. Or if a program participates in school lunch program, they would know which of the children receives free or reduced lunch. Each category is a little different, but an early learning/child care center should only report those children they can show meet those high needs areas.

YWCARhodeIsland
      Participant

Is the table included in the 4 page limit?

Megan

The table is not included in the page limit.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am applying for a planning and a capital grant, so I do not have an estimate for the items I want to purchase yet. Is that something I must have before submitting my capital grant application or can I create a researched estimate of items I want and then give a more detailed account once I get the planning grant established?

Megan

Capital grant requests must be accompanied by written estimates. If you don’t currently have estimates then you would not be ready for the capital grant stage.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate »
Scroll to Top