Together with residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being
In 1991 LISC opened an office in Rhode Island. Since that time more than $300 million has been invested in neighborhoods across our state, helping to create more than 7,000 affordable homes and supporting the development of more than 1.8 million square feet of commercial, child care and community space. Visit www.rilisc.org to learn more.