New Training Available! “Building Solutions for Infant and Toddler Care – Creating Spaces that Promote Quality Programming”
On December 12th, 2017 from 9:00am to 11:30am at the Northern Rhode Island Collaborative in Lincoln, please join the Child Care Facilities Fund team along with Mike Lindstrom, an internationally recognized speaker, presenter and expert in the field of early learning environments, for an interactive workshop exploring:
- Research driven links between facility characteristics and programmatic quality
- Designing, developing and advocating for quality infant/toddler childcare facilities
- Creating classroom spaces that work for your program
- Environmental considerations related to children’s health
- Outdoor space for infants and toddlers
- Arranging and equipping spaces to support program quality
Mike Lindstrom is the founding Principal of studioMLA Architects, which provides a full range of architectural services in the design of environments for children. As one of the leading architects in the field of early childhood facility design, Mike, along with the late Jim Greenman, led the annual Child Care Design Institute at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design from 2000 to 2008. Mike has served as an advisor to the American Academy of Pediatrics on Child Care Center Design and has extensive experience with the complex design, regulatory, and construction processes inherent in creating children’s environments. Most recently Mike has edited the newly revised version of the best-selling book, Caring Spaces, Learning Places. We encourage you to view a portfolio of Mike’s work at www.studiomla.com.
All are welcome; however, this session is geared towards and most appropriate for owners, directors, education coordinators, lead teachers, and all individuals considering expanding child care programming to include infants and toddlers or who are looking to improve their infant and toddler environments.
This course offers 2.5 professional development hours with a certificate of completion. We hope to see you there!
In This Issue
- Registration Now Open for the Certified Playground Safety Inspector Course and Exam
- Can’t Make it to a Live Training? View Our Online Training Offerings!
- Save the Date! “Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow” Conversation with Dr. Katharine B. Stevens on December 7th
- Executive Director Training Opportunity from the United Way
- Department of Health (DHS) Office of Child Care Newsletter Now Available