PDG Facility Planning Grants
First wave of funding closed 6/1/21 – additional waves will be announced based on funding availability.
Preschool Development Grant (PDG) Facility Planning grants are available for predevelopment and feasibility activities to develop, expand or improve early childhood facilities. Grant-funded planning work could include hiring professionals for the following:
- architectural design services for project feasibility and concept design;
- site analysis;
- engineering studies;
- legal services (ex: hiring a land use attorney to pursue a change in zoning for allowable use); and
- environmental survey and review.
Eligible applicants for the PDG facilities planning grants include:
- Both non-profit or for-profit organizations
- Child care providers with a commitment to provide early childhood care and education to low‐income families with a public subsidy
- Real estate developers with commitment to offering a favorable, long term lease or a lease to own scenario and is partnered with or is committed to partnering with an eligible child care provider
Eligible applicants must have a DUNS Number and active SAM.gov registration – not debarred or suspended – and organizations should have the ability to comply with requirements of a federally funded facility project (including written procurement policy, maintenance of financial reports to show and account for the uses of grant funds, provision of audited financials or acceptable alternative, etc.).
You can preview the questions in the online form here (please note, this PDF is for reference only, please use the online application to submit). To begin the online application process, please click the button below to complete a grant request form.* All organizations should consult with RICCELFF staff prior to submitting a funding request. Before a funding decision can be finalized, a site visit (virtual if necessary to comply with COVID guidelines) will be made by staff and/or a consultant and additional documentation will be requested to gain a better understanding of your program and your facility plans. Apply prior to 5/31/21 to be considered for this wave of funding.
*Please note that the application functions best when opened in the Chrome or Edge browsers.
You will have the option to save your application by entering your email and a password; please keep your password safe as we are unable to retrieve or reset passwords (meaning you will be unable to access your application should you need to stop and restart and will need to start over). You will be emailed a link to use to continue your application (please check your junk/spam folder if you do not receive).