Our Newest Online Workshop “Child Care Center Playground Safety” is Now Available!
Did you know that the majority of serious injuries that occur in schools and child care facilities happen on playgrounds? We know that you care a lot about the safety and well-being of children in your care and want to do all that you can to be sure the environment is set up in a way that encourages exploration, play, and thoughtful risk, while minimizing exposure to true hazards. This new self-guided, interactive workshop has been developed for child care center directors, owners, education coordinators, facility managers, school leaders, architects, landscape designers, and others who work with educational facilities. The workshop will cover:
- Where to start in understanding the overall safety of your play space, including how to identify common hazards
- What is a “playground audit”
- How do you develop a “standard of care”
This workshop is laid out as a series of videos, hosted by Lucas Murray, a LISC consultant. Luke is a registered landscape architect, owner of 4Site, LLC, Certified Playground Safety Inspector, and former Boston Parks Department Superintendent. Playground safety guidelines discussed in this training are the law for public schools in Rhode Island and form the foundation for playground safety in child care centers and early education facilities in our state. The essential concepts outlined in this training will help you make immediate improvements to your facility. Enjoy!
In This Issue
- Reminder: Registration is Open for “Building Solutions for Infant and Toddler Care”
- Winter is Coming! How to get your Facility Ready – Inside and Outside.
- November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month! Reduce Exposure to Radon at Your Child Care Center.
- Simple Ways to Increase your Indoor Air Quality and Reduce Exposure to Pollutants
- United Way – Application Deadline for the Executive Directors Learning Circle Has Been Extended
- Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey